Sunday, April 10, 2011

CAN'T HARDLY WAIT!


Are you as excited as I am about the new magazine "PRIMITIVE QUILTS AND PROJECTS"? Finally, finally a magazine that caters to the desires of all who love to sew, hook, and stitch to a more primitive or early style!! I subscribed to mine a couple of weeks ago and they are being shipped out tomorrow...so I will be waiting with great anticipation and baited breath. So many wonderful designers..I know it will not be a disappointment...it will be sheer joy!!

Here's the link to their website..just in case you haven't seen it or had the chance to order...

http://www.primitivequiltsandprojects.com/

I'm hooking on my antique Santa rug by Maria Barton. I didn't have the right color of background I needed, so I am at a standstill for now. I am also going to post some pictures of the beautiful hooked rugs from last week's MIchigan Hook In in Ann Arbor. My friend Melissa came up from Sheffield Village Ohio and we had such a blast..of course it included buying wool and hooking!

3 comments:

  1. I'm waiting and waiting for this magazine to arrive in my mailbox!!! I have a feeling it is going to be greater than expected! Looking forward to the pics of the hook-in! Enjoy pulling loops on the Santa rug! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    I got my magazine, and to be honest, I was disappointed. I am not a quilter and I'd say at least 75% is quilting. Yes, some could be adapted to hooking, but there was only one hooked project, one punch needle and no cross stitch. Just MHO.
    I look forward to seeing pics of the hook-in!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to see your new projects!

    ReplyDelete