Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'VE BEEN BUSY....

Yep...I have been very, very busy...not hooking, not stitching..but making earrings. Not just the making of earrings..but the picking out stones, beads, crystals, silver..the not-so-real-silver silver looking ..the list goes on and on. I am making them for some very dear friends of mine. My sweet daughter-in-law Sara came over with my two little grand daughters, Olivia and Isabel, yesterday and we fried our little creative brains to death!! I needed to make 25 pair and had to have them done by the weekend. Nothing like waiting to the last minute..but you know how it is..you come up with these grandiose ideas in the middle of the night and then have to rush out to buy everything. Now, I am not into making jewelry by any means...but I have to admit..it was a lot of fun! Sara is an expert on looping, connecting, and designing...I on the other hand, was the not so expert on the designs
and am absolutely horrible and ackward on "looping" the silver...but they are all done and I think they turned out pretty darn good! There isn't a pair that I wouldn't love to call my own!


I've got a big change coming up in my life next week (nothing bad..hopefully for the good)..but more on that on another post!

5 comments:

  1. Bobbie ~
    The earrings look great! Good job.
    Oh, I hate when people say a change is coming and just leave us hanging...lol!
    Happy Easter to you and your family.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful earrings. I have never been good with making jewelry, too many tiny pieces. I don't know if I can still wear them, it has been so long since I have gone anywhere where i needed to wear them, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so pretty! I think you're a natural at jewelry design! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. They look awesome. I like messing with jewelry making too. I tried some resin pendants last year and had a ball. Like you, I wasn't expert at it, but I liked the ones that came out well. Gave some as gifts and kept a few for myself. It opens you up to try a new craft once in a while, don't you think?
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, sparklies...VERY pretty! It is always fun to try something new, and it seems you have a talent for jewelry-making.

    Happy Easter to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete