Sunday, May 22, 2011

AHH....LILACS




Love..love..love..lilacs! I have one bush in my yard and every years it blesses me with so many blooms! I cut some this afternoon and put them on my little table on the back porch. It was such a beautiful day, but unfortunately I spent most of it in the house..washing floors, cleaning the bathrooms, and doing laundry. I have spent most of my free time in the gardens planting and weeding so how my poor house has suffered! I 've been working on a sampler, Zilpha C. Moss by Primitive Things. It's a long one..so it will probably take me to the end of summer to complete it. Hopefully, I will be able find a shop to frame it..without costing a small fortune. I think it's 38 1/2 inches long..but I fell in love with the completd one on display at the Country Sampler last year in Wisconsin.

4 comments:

  1. Bobbie ~
    You are not that far away, but my lilacs are done. They were beautiful and smelled so heavenly!
    I'd love to see the sampler you are stitching!
    Anything on the hooking frame?
    There just aren't enough hours in the day, are there? My gardens need more work (mulch would be good!) and I have killer dust bunnies in the house. There's always tomorrow, right Scarlett?
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lilacs are dying already, but we had a beautiful bloom this year.
    I need to cut mine back though, getting too tall.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is tough, isn't it? We long to get into the yard, dig in the dirt, smell those lilacs...but then the house goes to pieces! When I was a young mother, I used to spend all day digging in the yard with the boys...then stagger in at end of day to make dinner. Not a lot of laundry got done, or anything else, but it was fun. LOL
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh... those lilacs look heavenly! Isn't it great to be able to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air? The inside of my house needs a good cleaning too... maybe next weekend! lol! Looking forward to seeing the sampler... so much time put into stitching a big piece is definitely worth the cost of a professional framer...

    ReplyDelete