Friday, May 13, 2011

CHANGE ISN'T EASY

It's been so long since I last posted that it's a bit embarrassing..but I have been through the emotional ringer for the past month. It's nothing bad...but I had a very difficult decision to make. I was offered a position at a different hospital & accepted it. Now..for some this may have been an easy thing to do..but for me..after 27 years at the same hospital..or what I lovingly called my second home..it was draining. I have only worked at this one hospital for my entire nursing career..starting out as a nurse aide, then a nurse extern and then as an RN. My co-workers are not just "co-workers"..they are family. They have been with me through thick and thin..from my youngest child being born to my grandchildren being born. My daughter works there, my son works there..it's a place I have always felt so comfortable. So why did I leave? I'm not sure..except the new place does offer better hours with no weekends or holiday coverage. And it is literally about 3 minutes from my home..I could actually ride a bike or walk. I am still fighting the internal battle of why I changed at this time of my life..but I have to move forward and accept the decision I made as a positive one. Like I said..change isn't easy but sometimes it may be for the best...at least I hope so!!



8 comments:

  1. Bobbie ~
    Congrats to you for having the courage to "just do it"! I'm sure it will all work out just fine.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post just touched me so much. I, too, am in the process of making a job change and my co-workers are my friends and my support network! Change is really hard, but I do believe that good things are pending and new friendships are on the horizon.
    Good luck with everything!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job. It sounds like it will be a good fit for you.

    Have a good weekend~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hours and location can't be beat! I am sure you will keep in touch with your extended family from the other hospital... and, make more family at this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never comment but I have to. Your post spoke of the courage you must have to make this big change. Change of any kind is SO hard. When it come to a job change it seems even more difficult. I have been ther and I know. It was only 10 years but it was similar in many ways. I commend you and really like how you are embracing your change. I'm sure you will enjoy your new hours, it sounds better to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just thinking I needed to email you and see where you are! Sounds like a perfect fit for you Bobbie. I bet once you get used to the new hospital you will be glad of your decision. I hope you can come up and visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new adventure Bobbie... it all sound very exciting!

    My best to you...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. CHANGE IS GOOD!! Bobbie, it sounds like the universe was working for you ~ making life easier for you ~ giving you the opportunity for something new in your life! I love the way you're embracing it and up for the challenge!!! Yay!! Have fun on your new journey!

    ReplyDelete