Saturday, May 21, 2011

SUNNY..WARM..BEAUTIFUL FLORIDA

Last week we had the most wonderful vacation in Orlando. The temps were in the mid 90's..sunny and bright everyday. My middle son, Nathan and his wife, Amanda, and their three children spent the week with us. Everyone had such a great time we were really depressed when we had to come back home....especially with the temps in the mid 40's here in Michigan. I think we all felt like crying!

Now, my husband and I aren't big on the Disney theme parks anymore...been there and done that for years and more times than we care to remember..but..when you take your grandchildren for the fist time and see the excitement in their little faces..it revives your enthusiasm. We all went to the Magic Kingdom for the day. The temperature was 97...a record high for that time of year. Sweltering..no shade at the Kingdom...but we survived..survived so much that we were there for 11 hours!! When we got back to the condo..we all jumped in the pool and stayed there for a long, long while. Actually, every day we were in the pool. We sure had fun...in two years we go back..but this time, I am planning staying two weeks...maybe then I'll be ready to go home!

Brady with his water wings...best invention EVER!




Karsyn trying to stay a float on her Shamu's back (that's me under there).




My daughter in law, Amanda, with Karsyn and Parker. Doesn't that pool look so inticing? Wish I had one in my backyard!


1 comment:

  1. Bobbie ~
    What a fun time. Your grandbabies are just too cute!
    It's raining again here in Ohio this morning after two days of sunshine. So much for doing yard work. Maybe I'll "have" to do some extra hooking . . .grin.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete