Monday, June 6, 2011

BIRTH SAMPLERS..TWO DOWN AND ONE TO GO!

FINALLY! JUST FINISHED MY LITTLE GRANDAUGHTERS' BIRTH SAMPLERS LAST WEEK. I HAVE TO HAVE THEM FRAMED, BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE STITCHED. THE FIRST ONE IS FOR OLIVIA, WHO WILL BE 4 YEARS OLD THIS AUGUST (JUST A LITTLE LATE) AND THE OTHER ONE IS FOR ISABEL WHO WILL TURN 2 ON THE FOURTH OF JULY. I HAVE ONE MORE TO STITCH FOR MY YOUNGEST GRANDDAUGHTER, CHARLOTTE. SHE TURNED 1 IN APRIL SO I FIGURE AT THE RATE I STITCH....I SHOULD HAVE IT DONE BY NEXT YEAR!



I STITCHED BOTH OF THESE ON 14CT AIDA IN A SOFT CREAM COLOR, BUT I MUCH PREFER 28 COUNT LINEN. I BOUGHT MY SELF A FLOOR LAMP WITH A LIT MAGNIFYING GLASS (LCD LIGHTING) & I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MUCH EASIER IT IS TO FIND THOSE LITTLE BITTY HOLES..I HAVE BEEN STRAINING AND STRAINING TO STITCH, WHICH REALLY TOOK THE JOY OUT OF IT..BUT NOW I AM ABLE TO STITCH ON 32 COUNT..YIPPEE!! STILL CAN'T GET USED TO USING ONLY ONE THREAD, BUT I GUESS THAT WILL COME WITH TIME!

4 comments:

  1. Bobbie.....they are both so nice. Good to know about that lamp.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pieces for your granddaughters and something they can treasure when they have a home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful samplers your grands will always treasure. That light sounds interesting, I think I need one! I'm glad you can see to stitch on 32 count again.

    ReplyDelete