Sunday, June 12, 2011

MY OLD FRAMES







Just some pictures of some antique frames I have picked up along the way. I have had them for quite a while and just haven't had to time to stitch up anything to put in them. Now, don't get me wrong..I have finished many a sampler, but most of them I have given as gifts and I don't think the recipients would have appreciated an antique frame such as these. One day..I will stitch till my heart's content and fill everyone of them! I am especially partial to the longer, oblong shaped green frame in the second picture..I have a sampler that is partially stitched that I think will fit nicely into it.

I was so excited yesterday..I went to the local craft store and was able to find some chenille by the yard. It is the thinner type that is being used to border some pin cushions and such. I bought a roll of white and then brought it home and soaked it in coffee, hung it up to dry. It came out really nice. It looks really, really old. I think it will also work for Christmas ornaments too. Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely vignettes Bobbie! The frames look perfect "as is" until you complete your needlework samplers. I shall look forward to ogling over your handwork!

    Wishing you a week filled with joy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree...the frames are a wonderful display. New frames just don't have the same character. Good luck on your sampler.

    ReplyDelete