Monday, June 20, 2011

NEW SAMPLER AND OTHER STUFF

Well..while I am still plugging along on my long sampler..I have started another sampler by Linda Gillon of Primitive Things. I love this "Lizzy Dunn" sampler! I bought it last fall and forgot I even had it. Linda's designs.. are very simple and easy to stitch. She uses the best colors and while they look so prim..they stick to the traditional cross stitch. I have been stitching this one in the evening using WDW hand dyed 30 count linen. It's a first for me! I love the color of this fabric but I can't remember the name.



This second photo is a little corner shelf that I had purchased for my grandmother almost 30 years ago when she first moved into her senior citizen apartment. She was so excited to have a "new" place to live. She had always lived in older apartments, never owning her own home. It was my little housewarming gift to her and she always had it in her living room with lots of ceramic "what-me-nots". My mom gave it back to me yesterday afternoon and I put it in my dining area with my small collection of pinkeeps.




Lastly...this photo is of my most favorite tea/coffee set. It is pretty old..I don't know the exact age, but it is ironstone and made by Red Cliff. It's a grape-vine design. I purchased it in Florida about 15 years ago in an antique shop. I have quite a few pieces of white ironstone, but this is one of my favorite pieces! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your sampler. I really have to learn to do these...gotta find a class! I'm an ironstone lover as well! Beautiful set!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    How sweet that you got the shelf! It is perfect for you pin cushion collection.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lizzy Dunn sampler looks like a goodie! Great vintage colors... and you gotta love the houses! :-) Beautiful ironstone set and the shelf is just right! In fact... I have a corner in my living room that could use a shelf like that! lol! You have a great week too, Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a good eye for collecting and decorating Bobbie!
    Enjoy stitching the sampler...it is an ideal summertime project, and I shall look forward to seeing the finished piece. It shall be lovely surely.

    Peaceful stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete