Friday, June 10, 2011

TIME FOR SHOPPING



After a long work week, I am finally off today...and it's Friday to boot! I am heading off to my local cross stitch shop, "The Rocking Horse" to do some serious buying It is their annual "20% off everything" in the store sale, so I would really like to get some hand dyed threads and a couple of pieces of hand dyed linen. They don't have the largest selection of hand dyed items, but I always manage to find something! I would also like to buy some hand dyed floss by Gentle Arts and maybe a pattern or two..which I really don't need...but sometimes, I really enjoy just flipping through my binders filled with sampler patterns and charts. It's like looking at an old magazine! So many patterns, so little time!

Tomorrow, I'm off to hook with Kris Miller's group in Brighton MI..Thrums and Chums..it's always interesting to see what the other gals are hooking..plus it gets you motivated to either start or finish a project..and I need all the motivation I can get!! Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I wish we had a cross stitch shop, would be nice to see all the threads and things in person. Hopefully we can get up north this summer and do some shopping.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like much fun! Happy shopping. Can't wait to see what new projects emerge.
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo...can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had an awesome day shopping! We all need that kind of fix every once in awhile...whether we need whatever it is we are shopping for or not. I call it 'retail therapy'!

    ReplyDelete