Sunday, July 10, 2011

MY ANTIQUE SEWING CABINET



For those of us who love antiques, we can come across some really, really unique and beautiful early pieces. And if we are lucky enough...some of these pieces fall quite nicely into our collections. This little sewing cabinet, happens to be one of my most favorite antiques. It was made by Wm. Alexander for his mother on May 2nd, 1892. He inscribed not only the bottom of the little drawer, but also the backside of it. I apologize for the quality of the pictures..I was trying to get his signature, which is in pencil..



The little spool holder and pincushion inside.



What a cherished gift for a mom to receive from her son! I know I love it and it will hang on my living room wall for a long time to come!

11 comments:

  1. I can see why this is one of your favorites. I love the drum and strawberry next to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure for you to have found, love how it is signed, really beautiful piece.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    What a sweet piece and the fact that it is signed by the maker makes is even more special.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful sentiment.I would treasure it too.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I just love the little antique cabinets. Your son gives good presents!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a WONDERFUL gift from your son!! He obviously knows what his momma likes!! It is just beautiful...the patina is really nice too!
    I also love the pincushion next to it!
    Thanks for sharing one of your favorite pieces! It would be one of mine too!!
    Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...such a VERY special treasure! I am delighted to know that the sweet chest has found its way into the hands of someone who shall give it the love that it deserves. I am certain that you shall cherish it dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's simply beautiful. I can see why you treasure it!!

    Blessings~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beauty! I can only imagine the thought and time put into such a piece! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find. I know you will treasure it for years to come.

    Kaye

    ReplyDelete