Thursday, August 4, 2011

HOOK OR STITCH?


Well..I swore after I finished the last sampler this past Sunday, I was determined to start hooking. But...while putting away my Lizzy Dunn pattern, I came across this design from Stacy Nash. She designed it last year for Malabar Farms in recognition of the wonderful "In the Spirit of Friends Show" that is held every September in Ohio. I thought it was such a nice pattern in honor of the show and done in the true Stacy Nash fashion....a beautiful, simple early design...with wonderful primitive colors. So I think I will stitch this one up...have it ready for the show..not to sell, but just as a display in my booth. I am...once again...using 30ct WDW linen in Cappucino. I know I'll be sorry..but I love this linen!



6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful piece. I wish I could stitch on small count, will have to look into magnifiers.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat pattern and how fun to have it stitched up for your booth this year. I bet there will be folks that want to buy it! Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya'! I've been trying to get back to hooking too... but it has been so dang HOT! It's much easier to keep a piece of stitching linen in hand right now rather than hot hooking linen & wool over the lap! lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall eagerly await a peek at your lovely finished needlework! Peaceful stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Stitching wish I could come visit your booth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie ~
    There are just not enough hours in the day to create, are there?
    Pug hugs ;)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete