Saturday, August 20, 2011

MAGDALENA AND SAUDER

What a lovely couple of days I've had! I was able to attend the rug hooking event at Sauder Village this week, with my friend Melissa. We had such a great time! We arrived on Thursday morning, met up with Lauren, Rugs and Pugs, and had a wonderful day! The display of rugs from Magdalena Briner Eby was absolutely amazing! Just to be able to see and "gently" touch her rugs was awe-inspiring! I took pictures of all the rugs hooked by her from a personal collection on loan to Sauder and it also included a couple of quilts. Enjoy!






These are beautiful quilts made by Magdalena that were also on display. Here stitching on these were so perfect and teeny.




10 comments:

  1. Nice rugs and amazing quilts. Thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful display of her rugs and quilts, must have been a great show.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    So good to meet up with your and Melissa.
    The Magdalena rugs were wonderful to see. A totally wonderful day!
    Pug hugs ;)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing it must have been to see Magdalena's rugs in person. Her quilts look wonderful too. I would have enjoyed seeing both.
    So how much did you get done on your cat rug Bobbie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing! I didn't know she made quilts. They looked so pretty. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been an amazing show! Great pics--thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sauder Village is an amazing place...and to enjoy a rug hooking event with friends must have been delightful indeed! Thank you for sharing photographs...they are just beautiful!

    Happy day to you Bobbie!

    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a good time at Sauder Village. I work in the basket shop there and I too enjoy wool hooking week. I picked up some great fabrics from The Red Salt Box that I'm hooking into a design right now. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning!...I just wanted to pop on over to say thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me such a sweet comment...the rugs you are sharing from the show are stunning!...have a safe and happy weekend!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete