Sunday, August 14, 2011

STITCHING & GETTING READY FOR SAUDER


Oh how I look forward to Archbold Ohio this time every year!! My friends laugh at work...they don't quite get the excitement of this annual event..guess you have to be a hooker to understand! My friend Melissa & I are meeting up on Thursday. We are going to stay for the Friday night hook-in, so I am gathering up some wool and a new rug pattern to get started on. I haven't hooked in over 3 months!! I really love this pattern by Barb Carroll from an antique rug she has in her collection.
The wool I purchased in Ann ARbor this past spring. I am planning on using these shades of soft blue for the rug...then lastly...my Malabar Farm Sampler progress.

I just have a couple more motifs and the flowers and then I am done. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I have that rug pattern too Bobbie. I haven't hooked mine yet. Not sure what colors I want to do. Oh how I wish I could meet you at Sauder. I know you'll have the best time. Your sampler is looking good too. Have fun this week. Take some pics to share with those of us that can't make it.
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sampler is very nice. I don't hook and can't figure out how those lovely fat loops get through that fabric! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    I, too, am looking forward to Sauder ~ and meeting up with you and Melissa!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pattern. I can't wait to see what you do with it. I have Barbara's book with that pattern in it. It's great. Have a great time at the hook-in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bobbie! I like that pattern!

    I am also looking forward to Sauder this Friday. Stacy and I went for the first time last year and just fell in love with everything we saw! I'm hoping you, Melissa, and Lauren will be wandering around the vendors Friday morning so we can meet you! We've already met Lauren (she came to Stacy's house for rug hooking evenings this past winter/early spring).

    Char

    ReplyDelete