Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HOOKED RUGS, SAMPLERS & DOLLS



Well..I've been a little busy...between working and doing house chores...I have managed to do a little hooking and stitching. But first.. I had to post a little picture of my gal pals. Most of them were made by Lori Rippey..the other ones I purchased off of Ebay years ago.


A little hooked rug by Maria Barton. I started hooking while at Sauder last month. He's small and sweet!



I finished my Malabar Farm Sampler...design by Stacy Nash. I stitched it on 18 count linen. Now I just have to find a frame to fit it. Don't mind the hoop marks. I haven't pressed it yet..I know..I know...I shouldn't use a hoop..but I just can't stitch holding the linen like most folks...I end up missing holes, counting incorrectly..then I spend most of the night "unstitching".



Last but not least is the challenge piece from the Sampler Makers group. I'm making three little pinkeeps instead of a wall sampler. I have started on the second one and hopefully, will have them completed by the weekend. Like I said..I 've been busy..now I just have to put the finishing touches on everything.

5 comments:

  1. Love the basket of dolls, I need to get my decorating going for the fall.
    Beautiful new pieces, will look wonderful in your home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    You've been busy! I don't think I could stitch without a hoop either!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower of your blog. Your work
    is exquisite, really beautiful.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan B., Western MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pieces, thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have been busy...lovely goodies Bobbie! Your hooked rug is a temptation...my eye has been wandering toward a rug I began YEARS past. Perhaps you are just the inspiration I need.

    Happy weekend to you!

    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete