Saturday, September 3, 2011

NEW HOOKING ROOM

Well...to say I have had a bummer week is putting mildly. I got some sort of infection on the outside of my nose..they don't know if it was a bug bit or what...but it's been pretty miserable. I am on my second round of antibiotics and stuck in the house, because I look & have felt just awful ..it's embarassing. I've been off of work & the only place I've been is to 3 different doctors' offices. Anyway...since I have been stuck in the house since Wednesday evening, I decided I might as well make the most of it and clean out my hooking room...but it didn't stop there...I changed rooms. I took the extra bedroom, which has so much more light, and made it into my room. Now I'll actually be able to "see" the different wools I have instead of having to bring them into the living room. I changed up the furniture...using a little more chippy white.

We all know, the room won't stay so orderly...but at least I can look back a week from now & remember what is once was!







8 comments:

  1. Oh Bobbie, I am SO SORRY for you!! I can just imagine how I would be feeling and sure hope the meds help you get back to feeling normal and pain free again!!
    I just LOVE your new room and think it will be awesome for you to create in...so nice and bright!! I also LOVE the Mercantile sign...be still my heart!!! Your rugs are also wonderful on the wall and I especially love the one with the hearts!!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can really enjoy the fruit of your labor!!
    Take care~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hooking room is gorgeous!!! So light and airy! May you hook many rugs there! Where does that little doorway go that is next to the window? So sorry about the infection on your nose... spider bite, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobbie...ooh, that infection sounds dreadful, hope it will clear up soon...the new hooking room looks dreamy...wonderful for creating...except maybe for that scary doll with the big arms...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie, sure hope the new meds kick in and your nose starts to feel better. Glad you used your energy to do your room! It looks wonderful. Mine is organized but still sooo crowded. Would love an open area like yours. Great job, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the infection and i know how you feel, it is frustrating to be on antibiotics all the time and feel horrible. Love your new room and your decorations, lots of space and prim. Is the two drawer box a repro or antique? I have been wanting one like that for mail but the ones I see here are old and moldy, want something i can actually use.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie ~
    I hope the infection clears up soon!!!
    Love the new hooking room. You've done a marvelous job hanging your rugs. They look terrific. I want to change mine out and use the bigger of my spare rooms, but first I'd have to paint, etc. and there just aren't enough hours in the day!
    Happy Labor Day!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbie,
    I hope your infection is gone soon. Sending prayers up for you. I LOVE your new rug hooking room. Such wonderful things in there! It looks fun, cozy, light and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bobbie...I am so sorry that you have not been feeling well. I hope by now you are right as rain.
    I do love your studio...it is so very inviting, and ever so tidy! Enjoy...

    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete