Friday, October 14, 2011

FINISHED RUGS AND A NEW FABRIC



Good Friday morning! Just a quick drive by before I start my busy day..I'm off from work, but have a million things to do today. First..is my Halloween rugs that I finished binding last week. I've yet to hang them but I was so happy to have them done. The first is a design from Maria Barton of Star Rug Company and the second design is from Lori Brechlin adapted by Kris Miller for a hooked rug. They were both so easy and fun to hook.

These next two photos are a fabric I found at Joann's while browsing through the linen fabric aisle. It's called "Hopsack Linen". It came in the most beautiful colors. It looks like coarse linen, but when you wash it and throw it in the dryer it comes out all nubby, coarse, and just beautiful! It reminds me of silk matka, but doesn't have the sheen that silk has. I am going to make a table runner out of the dark brown, and then the off-white, I am planning to make some pillows from the designs of Maggie B's new book, for my couch.




Have a wonderful Friday and weekend. Go Detroit Tigers!

9 comments:

  1. So you are going to hook on this linen? What size wool? I have only ever used rug hooking linen, burlap and monks cloth. This looks like a really tight weave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rugs!

    Carmen and the Primcats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline..it's not to hook with, it's just to sew with. I am going to do a wool applique on the runner and on the pillows. I think you could probably cross stitch on it too. It's very, very nice fabric.

    Thank you Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Carmen I understand now. Thanks for getting back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful hooked pieces and I like that fabric, nice to have for all different types of projects.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your rugs Bobbie!! So beautifully done and will look great anywhere!!
    I was just at Joann's and zipped quickly past the fabrics (I have an addiction and was trying to be good) but now I wish I had stopped!! I just LOVE that fabric and will have to look for it next time....just wonderful!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for days off! Great looking rugs and the linen looks like fun! I hope you share pics of your pillows when completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those rugs! Just beautiful and such fun! I have to get back to the hooking of my latest Halloween rug. I'm way behind! It's almost here!!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rugs are too cute! I was wondering if you could cross stitch on that fabric. Looks beautiful. I hope you share pic's too of your completed pillows. Will look for that fabric next time I'm in Joanne's.

    ReplyDelete