Monday, October 24, 2011

JUST STITCHIN'



Well...I haven't done much rughooking in the past two weeks...but I have been stitching up a storm. I finished these little Christmas samplers. The "Merry Winter and O Christmas Tree" are designed by Jen Hoffman, Country Rustic Primitives. The "Merry Christmas" with the Santa is a design from Pineberry Lane. I love both of these designers! I'm not quite sure what I am going to do with them...either make them into pinkeeps, frame them, or make into ornaments...although I think they are a bit too big. I have been in such a mood for stitching...and I have been going at a rather good speed...at least for me! My next project is a Christmas sampler from Stacy Nash's Christmas booklet from last year. It's done in two shades of brown and a terra cotta color. It's beautiful and so old looking. I love the simplicity! I'm stitching it on a 16 count linen..not sure if I like it the 16 ct..but it sure is stitching up fast and it's easy on the eyes!

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful pieces, love the look of old samplers.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little stitching patterns. I really need someone to teach me how to do this. I used to do cross-stitch as a kid...but these patterns look a bit more complicated than that. I so admire them, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    Love the cross stitch. You've gotten lots done. Yeah for you!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all. Wish I had your stitching storm! Can't wait to see the Nash design on 16 count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful stitches, Bobbie! Those are two of my favorite designers too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am itching to try this! I haven't done it, but I have direction from another blog pal, so I HOPE to learn! LOL!
    Beautiful!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work Bobbie! Do let us know how you decide to finish up the needlework...whatever to choose shall be perfect surely.

    Peaceful stitching,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful stitching!! I love all of those designers.
    ~jeanne~

    ReplyDelete