Sunday, October 2, 2011

A LITTLE STITCHING...



Nothing new to report here...it's been a pretty uneventful week....love those "uneventful" weeks! I turned 59 on Friday, finished a couple of Halloween rugs..will post pictures later and just finished these two little pinkeeps. I have had these jars for years, but they had green tops...I'm not a big fan of green so I kept them in my basement. I decided to paint the metal and then sand. One jar is full of old wooden spindles in some really beautiful shades of beige and brown and the other jar holds barn pegs from an 1847 barn that was dismantled a couple of years ago. Have a wonderful Sunday evening!

8 comments:

  1. Bobbie,
    The pinkeeps are great! Love the jars too and what you have in them. Perfect! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's a quite night here in Western Massachusetts, also. The jar lids came out really nice. As for the
    contents, WOW! I love wood as much as stitching, Mr. Glen Oaks is the woodworker so I've grown to love all
    kinds of wood since we've been together. I wonder what you will do with the barn pegs? Maybe wind your threads or laces around them? I think it's fascinating to have pieces of vintage buildings. Bricks, too. I had a walkway made from old bricks at another house we lived in. Haven't done that here at this house yet. Next year hopefully.
    Have a nice evening.
    Warm Regards,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new pieces and the display you made, great jar tops.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking jars. Love the pinkeep designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you brought those jars up and painted the lids. Great idea! they look great with the contents..
    Your stitched pieces are sweet. Happy Birthday again.. Keep on celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the old jars -- and your little pinkeeps are great!
    A happy belated birthday to you... and have a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely breathtaking sites and embroidery!
    Ivana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely handwork!

    Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday Bobbie!

    ReplyDelete