Sunday, November 6, 2011

FUN AT HOLLY HILLS PRIMITIVES



Yesterday....my mom and I ventured out to Holly Michigan to go to the Christmas open house of Dawn's "Holly Hills Primitives" shop. Oh my gosh!!!! What a beautiful, wonderful primitive shop it is!!! Dawn and her husband, Dick, have such an amazing selection of antiques, reproductions, and handmades. My mom and I were there for almost two hours just trying to take everything in. The displays were just beautiful. So much inspiration...and to think I have been going down to Ohio for my primitive fix!! We are definitely going back before Christmas...there are still so many things to see and buy! I purchased the buggy seat, as seen above, from the shop. I have been wanting one but could never find one that suited me. Dawn had it in the front of her shop all decorated for the holidays. I can't wait to dig into my Christmas stuff and load it up. I also purchased the shoo-fly screen. It is such a nice size and just fit my antique bread board. My mom bought a cute little black dollie and some teeny little Christmas lights. We then shopped in the other antique shops on Main Street and then had lunch at the "Fire and Ice Cafe". We had the best Cuban sandwiches. If you are ever in MIchigan...make it a point to stop in this wonderful, quaint little town and of course, go in and say "Hello" to Dawn..it is so worth the trip! You can click on to her blog from my blog list and get an idea of how terrific her shop is!

4 comments:

  1. Love those kinds of shops and love the setting in the photo. So nice to see things displayed like that so you can get ideas of what you like for your own home.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful day spent with your mom! I love your buggy seat and how you have it decorated -- I look forward to seeing it dressed up for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbi, it was so nice to meet you and your mom yesterday. Looks like you found just the right spot for the buggy seat and I can't wait to see what you do with it for the holidays. I always wanted to put one on our island for buffets, but they are always too wide for the island we have now. It was such a great open house and we are already planning what to "restock" with. Hope to see you both again soon, Dawn (and Dick)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie ~
    Can I come to Michigan to play and hook and stitch with you? Pretty please!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete