Sunday, November 13, 2011

A TRIP TO MELISSA'S AND THE GATHERED TREASURES SHOW


Yesterday, I went to my friend Melissa's home in Ohio..she's probably going to kill me...but I wanted to share pictures of her beautiful home. She has it decorated nicely so with tons of primitive pieces in every room. We then went to the Gathered Treasures show in Mansfield and course, brought lots or treasures back home with us. It was a wonderful show! We met up with Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) and Sheila (a fellow hooker from the Mansfield area..no blog..yet). We visited for a while with Julie Thorton and and another fellow hooker, Tammy. They had such a nice booth with lots of primitives and handmades. I think we went thru the show at least 4 times..it was so worth the trip! I'll post pictures of my things later this week...found some goodies! The above picture, is a reproduction dough box Melissa purchased from the "Hidden Den". They do an awesome job making their "new" things look old. I would love to go to their shop one day...


I love this antique penny rug she has displayed on her dining room table..lucky girl...she bought it at a garage sale and I won't even tell you how much she paid for it...it is even more beautiful in person.



Melissa's hooking room is just wonderful! So light and airy and she has everything so nicely dislayed and in easy reach and viewing for all of her hooking projects. I love her primitive cupboards and shelves...and her hooking chair looks so comfortable. Her husband, Michael, even bought her an HDTV for her room! How sweet is that?? He installed it on the wall so it doesn't interfer with any of her "primitive" decor.




8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time!
    I love her dough box and is a great color.
    Can't wait to see your pictures and I enjoyed looking at the pictures you posted.
    Have a gtreat week!
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love all the wool on the shelves. That penny rug is a treasure. I'm working on a little penny mat tonight...it was fun to see this one on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    So nice to see you! I can't wait to see what went home with you.
    Great pics of Melissa's beautiful house!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa's house is very cozy! The hooking room is gorgeous! Lucky gal! The hooked pineapple rug is so antique hooking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend's home and studio is beyond words...so cozy and inviting. I am delighted that you enjoyed a bit of a holiday, and shared time with dear friends.

    Happy day to you Bobbie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your friend is smiling now, hearing all the wonderful comments. It is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us! What a nice time I'm sure you all had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you all had a great time! Her home is beautiful! What a wonderful collection of wool!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog by way of Notforgotten farm and I LUV, LUV it! Thanks for sharing photos of your friend Melissa's beautiful home!
    I LUV your Stacy Nash sampler too!
    Kimberly: )

    ReplyDelete