Sunday, December 18, 2011

TWAS THE WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS...

and all thru the house...I'm still decorating! What is wrong with me??? Guess I just can't leave things alone. Oh well...here's a few more pictures to share. Below is my Santa made by Christine Crocker..my one and only. I don't think I could afford anything made her now! He was on layaway for three months over 10 years ago. Sorry the pictures are a bit blurry. I need to ask Santa for photography classes!

A little center piece I made for my dining room table.

About 12 years ago...I had a major melt down with my Dicken's Village and swore I would never put it up again...so the houses have been sitting in the basement packed away. The problem is...my grandkids really enjoy them when they see them at shops or in magazines...so I decided to bite the bullet and display them again. This year..I only put them in small vignettes..here and there throughout the house as opposed to one big village that would take me three days to set up. I only brought about 1/4 of what I have..but that's enough for this year.


Last..is a bedroom full of gifts I have yet to wrap. This year I chilled out and bought gift bags for the grandkids gifts..some of them. I still have quite a bit to do..and..I still have some shopping to do. Is everyone as disorganized as I am?

6 comments:

  1. The presents I have to wrap are all piled up out in the front porch. That's where all the things from the two rooms upstairs have been packed for the renovation from the tree hitting the house.
    I had to laugh about the Dickens' houses. I used to do one big village also and people don't realize how much work it is. The "snow drifts" you have to create and the "rocks" "ponds" and such. I miss doing it. The move before this one, they were all smashed when we opened the boxes. Every one of them!
    You know you can't afford to replace whole villages. I'm still sick about it. I try not to think about it. But I love seeing other people's villages. Your simple centerpiece with the bottle brush trees inside the wreath looks very festive and I like the simplicity of the look. Your presents in the bedroom made me chuckle!
    Merry Christmas,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks wonderful. I am always redoing things, lol.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorating looks great! I'm still changing trees around. I love wrapping gifts but am grateful for gift bags! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EVerything looks wonderful - Love the little vignettes! Sometimes they are much more special that one big "scene"! Wish I had some of your pieces to decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie ~
    LOVE your Santa. All your little vignettes are very sweet.
    I don't know how I will ever be ready for Christmas! I thought it would be a breeze since Thanksgiving was so early this year. I didn't decorate the banister of the shelves by the fireplace. I still have shopping to do, cards to write, packages to mail and two rugs to finish!!! And what am I doing??? Trying to catch up on blogs...lol!
    Merry Christmas dear friend.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful and festive. Yup, I'm disorganized too. My granddaughter and I are going to shop until we drop today and GET IT DONE! I hope to find a sappy movie tonight while wrapping gifts. Enjoy the season, Dawn

    ReplyDelete