Tuesday, January 24, 2012

JANUARY MUSINGS

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and productive January..it sure is passing us fast! We had a beautiful blanket of snow a couple of days ago..and then yesterday all it did was rain. Really weird weather for January. I miss the snow.. I am planning to go to Sauder in a couple of weeks for their two-day hook-in. I am meeting friends, Lauren and Melissa. I wasn't going to go at first, because I haven't hooked in months...but I am hoping it will get my hooking mojo back! After all...I have a room full of wool just waiting to be hooked. Lots of planning going on for the two upcoming weddings. My son and his fiance are planning an outdoor wedding on September 8th of this year....just praying that the weather will be nice..makes me nervous! But they already have things planned and ordered. They have asked all 9 grandkids to be in it also...hmmm...should be interesting and fun! My daughter's bridal shower is planned for May 19..so I have been busy looking for bargains and ideas for centerpieces and door prizes..that in itself has been busy work..but fun! I hope everyone has a beautiful and creative day...

9 comments:

  1. Hello Bobbie...It sounds as though you have an exciting and event-filled year planned! Delightful fun indeed!
    Wishing you a lovely hook-in with friends. I shall certainly look forward to seeing all of the gorgeous rugs that you create in your cozy studio!
    Most warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must live not too far from one another, same weather here too in CT... snow and now all gone. Have a great time at the hook-in, sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird weather here too! Sounds like you have a lot to do between now and then! January is going by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've got a full plate! I can't wait to see pictures of all 9 grandchildren in that wedding, it should be adorable. Isn't this weather the weirdest ever for Michigan winter? Snuggle in and hook away, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, two children getting married this year!
    How wonderful. Enjoy getting back into rug hooking.
    Our snow melted today.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie ~
    Nine grands in the wedding. What fun!
    I, too, am looking forward to Sauder!!! Should be great fun.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the header photo. I have a Leisure Art's booklet titled "Favors" with some unique and lovely favors for all occasions. Instructions are included and if you would like to have it for the upcoming events, let me know and I'll send it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI!
    So wish I knew before you guys were going to Sauder, soon like a blast! Good luck with the weddings, sounds like an extra lovely family affair.
    We have had so much rain and mud this year, i would rather have snow. Tired of muddy dog feet.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. An idea for the upcoming bridal shower...in addition to have a favor at my DIL showers(bridal and later baby) I shopped at The Dollar Store for little giveaways, wrapped them in tissue or cellophane bags, and then piled them into a large basket. As the shower progressed, I randomly handed out the giveaways...each guest got to go home with 2-3. It didn't cost much and I was able to "stretch" things when there were several to a single purchase. The ladies really enjoyed this.
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete