Saturday, March 31, 2012

ONE MORE TIME....TRYING TO POST...

I tried to post last Sunday..but for some reason blogger would NOT let me post...the pictures showed up, but not my text...UGH! After several attempts, I gave up..hopefully this one will work. My DH and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on March 25th. This is a picture of us back in the day (my hippie wedding dress and my hubby with his pack of Marlboro's in his shirt pocket...good grief! And the second picture is us now...we're way in the back, with our five children and their spouses and fiances. They treated us to a wonderful dinner at an Italian restaurant and then gave us a gift certificate toward a new bedroom set. We were still sleeping on a full size bed and I guess they thought it was time for us to "upgrade" to a queen. Plus..we desperately needed a bedroom set...we have never had a new one...just bits and pieces from here and there!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, 40 years together. I'm so moved, it's a dream to be with the one you love forever. I'm so happy for you both.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    Congrats to you and hubby!!! That's quite a milestone.
    The hook in will be here before we know it. I'm looking forward it and spending the day with you.
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 40 years! You two look great as youngsters and today! Enjoy that new bedroom furniture :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very happy 40th Anniversary! I'm glad we can see your post at last Bobbie. You two look just the same. What a nice family you have and so sweet they are treating you to a new bedroom set. Have fun picking one out! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! What thoughtful kids! Are you coming to Berlin to the hook-in. Hopefully, I'll see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful and thoughtful family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on reaching 40 years! What an accomplishment! You have a beautiful family, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!! Congrats on 40 years!!

    Have a wonderful day~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobbie,
    Congrats to you and your hubby. I kept trying to click on your blog and it wouldn't come up ,thought it was on my end. Your family is beautiful!! Tom and I upgraded to the "queen size bed" last year. Love it!! Have fun picking it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such an interesting thing having this post of yours. I was interested with the topic as well as the flow of the story. Keep up doing this.marlboro filter plus

    ReplyDelete