Monday, April 2, 2012

CHARLOTTE'S SAMPLER AND BEDROOM RE-DO

This is the final installment of my grandchildren's birth samplers...well, at least for now..until there is another grandbaby or two! This one is for Charlotte..she is going to be 2 on the 7th of April. Her party is not until the 15th so I am hoping to have it finished. I have two samplers still to frame (ok..I'm a little behind)but hopefully, they will all be done soon. I chose some of the design from a Blackbird Design pattern, but the lettering is pretty standard...and easy. I am using Gentle Arts floss and 30 count cream linen. Below are pics from the bedroom that used to be the grandkids' playroom. I had some extra furniture after we got our new bedroom set. The desk is my husband's and the dresser was made in 1887..it has the owner's name written in pencil on the back...it was December of 1887 to be exact. Solid, solid walnut...it weighs a ton. I don't think I could ever part with it..I do need to change the drawer pulls, however. The grey game board on the wall to the left of the chest, was made by my father-in-law in the 1940's to play "Aggravation" with his family.
This is a quilt that my Aunt Irene from Alabama made years and years ago from flour sack material. My mom found it after my aunt had passed away last summer. I love the way it looks on the reproduction settle bench in the entry of the bedroom.
A picture of my new bedroom set...not very prim...I know, I know....but in my older years....I just wanted something simple, easy to keep up. Don't mind my wrinkled comforter..it's new...but I didn't feel like pressing it..so there you have it..my kids are still asking if we are getting used to the queen size bed...I certainly am...my husband...not so much!

7 comments:

  1. The sampler is so pretty! I'm envious of your rooms, very elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there you have such good taste it looks very nice! And I'm sure the grand-kids will cherish the samplers. See you very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the sampler...and the new bedroom decorating is clean and simple, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new furniture! That sampler for your grandbaby is so sweet, can't wait to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!! Isn't it fun to look back at the "old" days? Your bedroom redo is lovely and so is your new furniture. Have a fun week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie ~
    Love the sampler and all the family heirlooms. How lucky that you have them!
    I'm looking forward to the hook-in, too. It will be here before we know it!
    Pug hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new bedroom furniture is very nice!!! Love your stitching!

    ReplyDelete