Sunday, August 26, 2012

A HOLLY HILLS KIND OF DAY!

So much fun today....I took a break from wedding stuff (after going last night to my future daughter-in-law's bachelorette party...I'm way too old for that kind of partying and don't even ask about the limo ride home..UGH)...my DH and I went to see Dawn and her husband Dick at their wonderful, primitive shop "Holly Hills Primitives" in Holly Michigan. I just love their shop and I love that quaint little town! Dawn has the best selection in primitives, both antique and handmades and Dick has been making the most wonderful reproduction furniture. He has really mastered the craft to every detail. Just wish I had enough wall space and room for a couple of his cupboards...guess I need to find a bigger house!
Below is a picture of what I did purchase...the cutest pumpkin head named "Patch" on an antique tin, a black and orange table runner, and a candy-corn cone (say that fast 3 times)with a metal crow. Please check out Dawn's blog..she has lots and lots of pictures of her shop and she also has a selling blog..

And just a pic of a little arrangement I did yesterday in a very difficult corner of my LR...the printed pillow is a treasure I purchased from Cinnamon Creek Primitives.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you two came to town today. It would be great if we could have time some day to just set and visit! Earlene came in this afternoon after you left too. I also had two blog gals yesterday! So much fun. Thanks for the wonderful post about the shop. Hope the wedding all goes great (are you using self-tanning cream again?). Have a great week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    What a nice break from all the wedding preparations. I bet you will be happy when all the weddings are over!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your arrangement. Wish I could find a drawer like that. Want something i can hide mail and papers in, but as a prim piece to decorate around.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome new prim goodies & arrangements. There is a nearby artist that had some work displayed in the store where I have my booth. They call there art line "Tin Folk" and make the neatest 'people' out of old things... like cans, door knobs, silverware & such. Pretty darn cool! Your new pumpkin reminded me of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finds...splendid arrangements! It is clear that you "have the eye" for goodies!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete