Friday, August 24, 2012

AHH.....FALL IS IN THE AIR....


++++++Even though it's about 83 degrees outside....it feels like fall. I was fortunate enough to get today off and did not have any plans or obligations, so I thought I would do a little fall decorating. Bringing up some of this stuff is like going through Christmas things...you forget what you have from year to year. Just a few pics to share.

A little ditty bag I made out of some old ticking, stuffed it full of flowers....I think I need to make a nice,fat crow to squeeze in.

Nothing says autumn like a crock full of bittersweet (even if it's not the real thing!)

I bought this wall basket at an antique store near Sauder Village last week..but I didn't have a wall to hang it on so I just placed it on top of my old cupboard.
Speaking of Sauder...after being so inspired by all the great rugs...I have been hooking away on a Maria Barton rug that I had started two years ago..I am hoping to have it finished by the weekend. I have 4 more rugs that I would like to get done by Christmas...wishful thinking! Have a great afternoon everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Four rugs by Christmas? I'm feeling inadequate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You go girl, can't believe that you could get four done by Christmas! Our fall open house is this weekend, busy time. Talk soon, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    Oh, I need to get started hooking on rugs I want to give for Christmas. I always wait too long...sigh.
    Which of Maria's rugs are you hooking? Please share with us!
    Sauder is taking registrations for the retreat in February!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, wow, thats alot of hooking,pitter patter, better get at her! tee hee. Love the Fall decor, hot here to, bring it on, cool weather ya. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your basket! Can you believe I waited in the car at the antique shop...such willpower!
    I was to bad in Findlay! Great to see you at Sauder.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete