Saturday, August 18, 2012

SAUDER VISIT...BUT NO CAMERA

Thursday morning, I left bright and early to meet up with my good friend, Melissa,at the Sauder Village Rug Hooking Show. We stayed one night and had a wonderful time! Melissa and I are clones when it comes to this stuff..what she buys..I buy...what I buy...she buys, but she always has the inside scoop on new wools, patterns, etc. And she always keeps up with the latest workshops, hook-ins, & news. I sadly forgot my camera by the front door when I left in such a frenzy on Thursday...so I have NO pictures of the beautiful rugs. The highlight for me was the exhibition of Barb Carroll's rugs..not only the ones she hooked, but the antique rugs in her collection. The colors were just gorgeous...you know...that drab, muted blended-in look...She hooks with a really large cut. I don't know how she does it...but she does it beautifully!
Well...I forgot my camera...but not my pocketbook or sad to say...my credit card! Here are some pictures of what I bought this year.
My "few" pieces of beautiful wool purchased from Rebecca Erb and a couple of patterns. See my new #8 Bee-Line cutter peaking through?

I loved this pattern last year and of course the vendor had sold out...so this year, I was fortunate enough to buy one..it's beautiful hooked up.

No...I didn't purchase this new TV at Sauder...my DH bought it for me last Friday when I decided to take back my wool/sewing room. This way he can watch his sports on the bigger screen in the LR and I can watch my sappy DVD's and hook!
We met briefly with Lauren from Rugs and Pugs on Friday morning...she was camera ready! So please go to her blog, Rugs and Pugs, to see pictures of the beautiful rugs at Sauder.

6 comments:

  1. We didn't cross paths, did we? I saw Lauren and she said you were there ~ looks like you had big fun! The rug show was spectacular, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie!
    I didn't get to go this year. I sure love the patterns you got!! Hope to see you at Malabar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    I bought some of those same wools you did! When I got there in the morning it was slim pickins (saved me some money...lol!) and by afternoon so much less. I don't know what they had left for today. Good for them!
    So sorry our paths didn't cross again.
    I have lots of pics to share.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great to see you guys at Sauder !
    I love the wooden piece in your banner.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time. I wanted to go so bad, but had to go to the markets in Ohio for the shop. Did you see Sue? Our fall open house is next weekend, hope you can make it. Enjoy that new wool, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sauder Village is such a lovely spot. The Mister and I used to visit frequently back in the day.
    Your purchases are lovely Bobbie...I cannot wait to admire the progress of your hooking projects!
    Wishing you joy in your re-claimed sewing room (and new telly)...
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete