Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I SCREAM..YOU SCREAM..WE ALL SCREAM FOR...

ICE CREAM!!! That was the battle cry of the grandkids yesterday afternoon. They couldn't be bothered eating dinner....they had to skip onto dessert..and of course I was only too happy to oblige! After all...I get to send them home..who cares if they're pumped up on chocolate cookies, red licorice, and ice cream...I like playing the "good cop"! Anyway..had a fun day with all of them..and of course, their parents.



We had a torrential downpour this morning and it beat the heck out of my flowers...especially my husband's rose bushes..these were laying on the ground when he got home from work this afternoon, so he cut them off & put them in a vase. I was hoping to have a nice arrangement of the yellow roses for my son's wedding this Saturday for their "Sweetheart Table"...but I guess the arrangement will be in my LR!

7 comments:

  1. This post makes me smile. My Grandma had the same philosophy and I adored her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing exactly what a Grandmother is supposed to do - making memories. Your roses are SO pretty - sorry they had to be cut. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic of the grands!!! How many do you have? What great memories you are making for them.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with my grands!! lol Love the roses, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I wish that you had been my grandmother! We never got dessert until dinner was finished - such a Killjoy!

    And it rained buckets here too yesterday morning. It looks like we're ready to get more now. We certainly could use it. It's been a dry summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is once great looking bunch of grandkiddo's and your such a good grand for giving them ice cream first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now those are adorable grands! You had your hands full.
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete