Wednesday, September 12, 2012

THE OLDE PIE SAFE

Althought I claimed to be soooo busy the few days before my son's wedding....I did manage to find time to go the barn sale held twice a year in Plymouth Mi...and although I claimed to be sooo broke (of course, because of the wedding)I did manage to purchase this pie safe at the sale. Guess it just goes to show, that you can always scrape up enough dough to buy something you really want...(either that or I like to display fits of self-sacrifice)..whatever my reasoning...I finally bought an antique pie safe.

Pat and her husband, Steve picked it up early this spring from a yard sale. It was literally in pieces....I wish I would have taken a "before" picture of it. I had seen it at their July barn sale, sitting in a heep in their corn crib (not for sale at that time). I had forgotten about it, until I went into their barn last Thursday and saw it standing in all it's glory! I grabbed the price tag off and paid for it without batting an eye....even though I knew I didn't have a place for it....but I simply could not pass it up. And check out the mouse hole with it's rusty tin cover. Still intact with one little rusty nail holding it in place. Have a great evening everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Hi, that is one beautiful prim pie safe, love the color to, great buy. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    So happy you found the time and the cash to buy that most wonderful pie safe!!! It looks G-O-O-D!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice piece, wonderful for decorating with.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo! Great find - love the color and the mouse hole.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.Well worth the sacrifices you'll suffer..smile..Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie, I can see why you would snatch that pie safe. I love them with high legs too.
    I am surprized your friend didn't keep it for herself.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own 2 old piesafes and had one made that I punched the tin panels for. Love them for my quilting fabric and use one in my bedroom for tee shirts...

    Love the red color on yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great find Bobby. I honestly need to get out to one of those sales sometimes. I stop in there occasionally when my Guild has a meeting (they meet down the street), but have never been to one of their sales. Wonderful purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Is it full of wool? My dry sink has a mouse (or some other critter) hole in the door, which makes the whole piece. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...I LOVE, LOVE it! One evening, when you arrive home from work and the pie safe has gone missing, you might check our house...I have a perfect spot for it!
    Enjoy your new treasure!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have that same pie safe out in our garage but in much worse shape. Was wondering how much you paid for it since we are selling ours in the next few days and not sure how much to ask for it. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Could you tell me what one like yours would sell for..I have a consignment store and a customer brought one in..theblueastor@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete