Monday, November 26, 2012

TIME FOR CHRISTMAS CRAZINESS....

I haven't posted on my blog for so long, I was actually thinking about closing it....but since it's such a wonderful way to meet people and form friendships, I decided to give it a go again. After all the hoop-la with the weddings and showers and such..I found myself in a bit of a funk..don't get me wrong...I was more than happy that they were over...but it was like I lost my sense of direction..you know...you're so darn busy with things and then all of a sudden..it's done. My husband finally decided to retire at the end of this year. His last day will be December 21st. After 45 years with this company, he decided it was time. We have been so blessed that he has been with a company that has been so good to him and provided a steady income over all these years. I know he is excited, but I know a part of him will miss it. I am going to retire, hopefully, within the next year...so it will give him time to adjust. I'm sure the grandkids will keep him busy!!

I decided to change it up a bit for my Christmas decorating. I started last week...a little here and there..so here are a few pictures to share. We go get out tree this weekend. Take care!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to your husband...Enjoy!
    Glad you decided not to close your blog.
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you and your husband will find time to do the things you have put off. Wonderful decorations, I need to get mine out.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie,
    I've missed you! I'm so glad you didn't close your blog!! I hope you and Dave will enjoy your retirement. I plan to decorate this weekend. Take care my friend. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you Bobbie! Sounds like life is busy busy in a grand way for you! I love all the silvers and sparkles in your decorations! The first pic is my favorite! Happy retirement to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Christmas decorations! Can't wait to see your tree! Retirement... can't wait for that either! You will not be sitting at home! You will find things to do, places to visit, and before you know it... you will be busy, busy, busy! Plus you will have to share about it on this blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobbie ~
    I've been thinking about you! So glad you aren't closing your blog :)
    Congrats to hubby on his retirement. Lucky him to have worked at the same company for so many years. That doesn't happen too much anymore, me thinks.
    Your decorating is off to a great start.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the retirement! Glad you decided to keep blogging, I always enjoy your posts. Hope you make it up to the Dickens Festival - we have two more weekends. Bring the grandkids, we have a sledding hill right in the middle of town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bobbie...It is a delight to see you back to blogging...I have missed your newsy posts. I must say, your festive header and holiday decorations are simply stunning!
    Congratulations to your Mister on his retirement...Bravo!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The mantle with the Santas is stunning!

    ReplyDelete