Tuesday, January 1, 2013

AND AWAY THEY GO......

All the Christmas Belsnickles...lined up like soldiers....waiting to be wrapped in bubble wrap and placed into the large red plastic tote that has become their home 11 months out of the year. I'm always sad on New Year's day, knowing that all the beautiful decorations must come down. But wait...I spy a little 'Snickle' who isnt' quite ready to be packed...he looks longingly at me...begging to stay out just another night....can you see him in all his glory? I guess the tote will have to wait yet another evening...
Just a few more pictures to share of my packing for it's back to work tomorrow for me!
This little house was given to me by my daughter this Christmas...I think I'm going to leave it out a bit longer.And last...is a little sampler I stitched about 25 years ago..have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

  1. Your decorations are beautiful and I would leave them up.
    I wait till the end of the month, the season is too short, not to enjoy them a bit longer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm ready to take my Christmas down too! Hope to see you soon, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Bobbie!I finished putting all my decorations away today. I know what you mean about being sad to pack them up for another year.Love your belsnickle collection. Wishing you and Dave a wonderful and healthy 2013. Maybe we can see each other this year! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. We leave a few decorations out that are "winter", not Christmas. There is still the odd snowman around. It's back to work tomorrow for me too. Are you as sad as I am about it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie ~
    Happy New Year to you and Dave! May you be blessed with health and happiness in 2013.
    Maybe I'll start un-decorating (or is it de-decorating?) tomorrow. Though it comes down faster than it goes up, it still takes me days.
    Back to work for me, too, but I only had today off.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! That one little guy pleading for one more day!!! Love the sparkly house and the bottle brush trees too! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Bobbie! Love your decorations...it is always gloomy and empty after I first put them away.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete