Saturday, January 5, 2013

STARK RAVING......GREEN??

Oh boy....another weekend of packing Christmas stuff away...you should see my basement...it looks like a bomb went through it. I decided to not only put the stuff away but also clean and reorganize as I go...at this rate it will take me weeks to go through the rubble. I'm weeding out all kinds of stuff...getting rid of a lot of Christmas stuff. I've got WAY too much...more than anyone person should have. But...in between my cleaning madness...I decided to change it up a bit in the boudoire (bedroom..in case I spelled that word wrong)...I had gift cards for all different home decor stores...so I decided to go with something light and bright...GREEN...shimmery, satiny green. I bought a white quilt with the shams, the green pillows, the multi-colored purple and green pillow. All because of this table runner that I fell in love with! I tossed in the purple/white afghan that I crocheted for my grandma years ago. It's a little loud, but a bit cheerier than my brown quilt. Now I just have to buy some new curtains....you know how it is...once you start.....you just can't stop..I'd better get back to my basement!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! That's me, start one thing and it just leads to something else. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colors Bobbie. I think the afghan looks perfect. It's always refreshing to change things up a bit. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    I think that same bomb went off in my basement AND attic. I'm still taking stuff down. That's what happens when you put up too much :)
    Your bedroom looks wonderful. Very inviting.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great room re-do! I think we all have the urge for some color after all the Christmas gets stashed away. I've got glitter and dust to clean up before I start some Spring decorating... lol

    ReplyDelete