Thursday, February 28, 2013

EVER HAD "BUYER'S REMORSE"?


Just when I had my living room put together the way I like it....I had to go buy yet another piece of primitive furniture...this schoolmaster's desk (or whatever you call it). I liked it at the antique shop but then decided then I was NOT going to buy it...but my husband kept twisting my arm until I finally brought it home (seriously....it did take a lot of twisting). It sat in the back bedroom for over a month, because I knew I would have to move or get rid of another piece of furniture before I could bring it out. Today, I was off and putzed and putzed, rearranging, moving, "staging" etc, etc, till I was near exhaustion...so here it is...Now it is a nice primitive piece, but one I won't be holding onto..."it" and "I" just don't click...UGH!!!!!!! Now, my pie safe and I....we "click"...I love it! Sometimes you just have to go with your gut feeling and stick to your guns...no matter how much twisting is going on!

10 comments:

  1. Love, love that desk Bobbie! Wish I had room for it....I'd take it off your hands!! Love your pie safe too. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the desk, but I know what you mean. Let me know if you decide to sell it. Thanks, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobbie ~
    I love the desk!!! I'd buy it from you but I have absolutely no room at the inn. The pie safe is wonderful, too.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, you know you have to live with it for a while for your eye to get used to it. I like it, couldn't see what you tucked under it, but I bet you can find something great. Love your needlework above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! My husband twists my arm NOT to buy something! I have a school desk somewhat similar to it already, so I can't offer to take it off your hands. What is the pattern that you are currently hooking, the one you show in your last post? ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, hate buyers remorse...been there a couple of times. It is a nice piece, what don't you like about it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all have remorse for some things, but I usually have it for not buying an item. I have a similar desk and I flipped the lid open and hung a sampler on it, put a crock and some gourds inside. Fine looking pie safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, but what I am seeing is that it doesn't match the arrangement you have it with. I think it would look better in a corner with antique school books and school girl samplers on the wall?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a nice piece to me! Maybe it's because the front is sloped... so you can't put much on top of it? How bout a penny rug, or a mini quilt of civil war fabrics? What does it look like opened with something draped over the top of the lid? Yes.. the cupboard is a definite beauty! I like the gameboard on the wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbie - sure have had buyers remorse! I think my buyer's remorse is my house! LOL! It's just not set up in a way that I can add much in the way of antique or primitive furniture. I love your pie safe and would love to get one but have no idea where I'd put it. And there are plenty other things that I'd love to have but as Lauren of Rugs and Pugs says "no room at the inn". LOL! The desk is nice! I'm jealous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete