Monday, February 4, 2013

FUN AT SAUDER THIS WEEKEND!

I had such a wonderful weekend...on Friday..I headed off to Sauder Village for the annual overnite hook in. I met up with my hooking buddies, Melissa and Lauren (of Rugs and Pugs fame!). I hadn't picked up a hook since October, so I was anxious to get back on track again. I started hooking this Wendy Miller design and I am thinking of giving it to a close family member who just happens to love hooked rugs. My problem is...I don't know if I should put in the year of their marriage, or the original design from Wendy's sample.
Melissa was hooking an awesome rug, which you can see on Lauren's blog. Lauren's rooster rug is coming along nicely too. I didn't bring my camera, but I'm sure you've all seen the Rugs and Pugs blog. Lauren takes really nice pictures. Just below is a picture of a Patriotic Santa by Vicki Smyers for Bethany Lowe. Just thought you might like a peek at him. Have a great week..it's snowing like crazy here in Michigan..loving it!!!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, your rug is going to be beautiful! So glad we are hooking at the shop now, it's so much fun! Have a great week, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie,as special as it is,I think it would make it just that much more special to have their wedding year on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm thinking too, Sherry...thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn...I'm so glad you found the wonderful world of hooking and you have such a great teacher with Sue...she is a riot!! Hope to see you at the Ann Arbor hook in this April...I think you need to hold a hook in at your shop next fall..but please on the week end so us Monday thru Friday workers could attend :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you have chosen. I'm anxious to see what you do with the background selection. I find that the most stressful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rug!! Looks like all of you had a great time at Sauder!! It's snowing here too, feel sorry for the bus drivers who have to get the kids home from school. Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rug!! Looks like all of you had a great time at Sauder!! It's snowing here too, feel sorry for the bus drivers who have to get the kids home from school. Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh me to, wonderful rug, love it...that Santa is great, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's some wonderful hooking you have going on there! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad i did not get registered in time. Hopefully next year i can join you guys!
    Let it snow,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bobbie ~
    What fun to see you! I just love that Sauder retreat.
    I like the year in the basket and your color choices are just perfection.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your new rug Bobbie. I did see the pics on Lauren's blog and they were great. Be looking for your finished photo!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete