Thursday, February 21, 2013

OFF TO OHIO!

After a brutal week at work...my husband is taking me to one of my favorite places in the world...Walnut Creek Ohio..YIPPEE!! We go about twice a year, but I have never been in the dead of winter...it should be interesting. We love the Carlisle Inn and was lucky enough to get a room on such short notice...again...it is the dead of winter! I'm planning on doing some antiqueing, some wool-hunting, and some good eating at Der Dutchman. My favorite store is the Country Craft Store in Berlin. They have the most beautiful fabric and a nice selection of wool. It's always nice to get away...even if it is for just one night. My rug is coming along slowly this week...I've been too tired to even hook..so I'll have to make up for lost time this weekend. Have a nice evening!

10 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nice way to get away and unwind. I hope you have a wonderful time and take lots of photos.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    You should stop at the Ault's on your way!!!
    Have a wonderful, safe trip! Geez, I've never been to the Country Craft Cupboard and I am much closer than you. I will be heading to Zoar in March and I think I will need to make a little detour and stop there.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fun area..have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobbie,
    Sounds like it will be a wonderful trip. Have fun and I hope you find some great things. Be sure to share with us when you get back! I for one will be anxious to hear what goodies you find. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your Mister a lovely getaway! Godspeed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like fun. enjoy!!! denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your trip!

    When we lived in Dublin, OH, we'd trek to OH's Amish country a couple-a few times per year.

    Once, DH and I had a weekend away at The Inn at Honey Run in Millersburg the first weekend in Dec. The evening we arrived, there was a small covering of snow--SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning, oh lucky you, sounds like a wonderful time, Enjoy,Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds wonderful! Living here in Northern Ohio my hubby and I usually trek down there several times a year. We went once in November one time and it was great - no traffic, no crowds and then when we headed back home there was a terrible snow storm until we got closer to home. We've said since then that if we ever go down in winter again we'll take a change of clothes and just spend the night somewhere! Yes, you should definitely go to Ault's in Shelby Ohio (49 East Main Street)they have an absolutely wonderful selection of wool! Not sure if they're open during the week but you could check out their website. Have a good time!

    Char

    ReplyDelete