Monday, February 11, 2013

OH...HEART BE STILL....& RUG PROGRESS

Good afternoon everyone...I was so excited to see that my April edition of Early American Life was waiting for me when I got home from work this afternoon. Have you seen it? I haven't been a big fan of EAL lately, but this issue is wonderful! One of the homes featured is a mix of colonial and primitive..may I say GORGEOUS!! The home was buit in the 1690's. Below is a snapshot of a simple beautiful, mid 19th century hooked rug....the colors are to die for!! The design is fabulous (good ole' lollipop design..never fails to impress!). I think I'm going to have to draw this one out...hook one for myself! If you have the issue...take a gander at her double wide pewter cupboard....breathtaking!!
Below is a picture of progress on my Wendy Miller rug. It's been slow going..I've been hooking every single night..I guess I didn't realize how big this rug was. Oh well...Downton Abbey and rughooking go hand in hand!
A few more pics to share...thank you for all the comments about the Polar Plunge this past Saturday that my youngest participated in. I think there were almost 100 plungers...all dressed in costume...together raising almost $45,000 for the Special Olympics in our area...Thanks to all these wonderful guys and gals for their bravery...the water was a bone chilling 10 degrees...but the sun was shining brightly...and no wind! My son said it felt like his heart stopped for a moment when he hit the water...I'll bet is did! Here are a couple of pictures I think you'll enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Bobbie,
    I don't subscribe but will look for this issue. Sounds like a great one! That rug is awesome. So is the one you are currently hooking! Great colors. I applaud your son and the others that jumped in the freezing water for such a good cause. Bravo to them!! Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those rugs! Your's is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see you in April (or before if you get a few minutes to come visit).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice day but BRR!!!
    We're proud of him for sich a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rugs, love the colors.....Cold but great cause, YEY!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How proud you must be of your son! Such a great cause :) Love the rug you are working on and looks like EAL did a great job on this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope my EAL comes soon! I haven't been happy with some issues either. Got chills again seeing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bobbie...Your hooking is splendid! I shall look forward to seeing the big finish, and feel certain that it shall take my breath away. Your rugs are always lovely!
    Brrrrr on the Plunge...well done indeed!
    Warm hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. If anyone is interested in doing the antique floral rug, you can find the pattern on Sally's website, Amherst Antiques and Folk Art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bobbie,
    I have been disappointed in EAL too, but will try to find a copy of this issue as it sounds wonderful!
    Love the antique rug and yours as well, and LOVE Downton Abbey too, though I am still so sad about Sybil!!
    Your son and those who participated in the Polar Plunge are my heros!!!
    Warm Blessings~~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobbie ~
    I wonder if my subscription lapsed....I haven't received the issue. Great rug and yours is absolutely wonderful. You've made great progress. I really do like the date in the basket.
    I hear you got your Snapdragon. I am more than a little bit jealous!!! I want one, too.
    Kudos to your son. He just looks so sweet in his little outfit.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete