Saturday, February 9, 2013

TAKING THE PLUNGE...BRRRRR.........

Well....my youngest son has finally dipped over the edge..but for a great cause. He is on a team to raise money for the Special Olympics by jumping into Lake Belleville at noon. It would be great if it were 80 degrees...but..it's only going to be 14. There is a team of about 6 people and so far they have raised over $4000. I asked him yesterday if he was going to wear a wetsuit...he replied by telling me he is wearing a "speedo"....well......good luck Jeff!

8 comments:

  1. Bravo!!! Wonderful cause...wonderful young man! Please tell him for me...the mother of a child with Down Syndrome...he's aces in my book...his plunging partners as well!
    Good luck!!!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's a great cause. I hope someone will be waiting or him on the land with a warm blanket! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fantastic cause and what a fantastic son you have. I can't imagine doing that though - it's so cold here today. Hope that there is a big warm blanket or car close by!! My hat's off to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow good for him to help and such a great cause! BRR!!! At least the sun is shining.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ya, great cause, bless him......Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! That's going to be one painful speedo..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can a Speedo freeze to your butt? What a wonderful thing your son is doing for such a great cause!
    Hugs:)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. The husband of one of the merchants down from me did this today in Lake Fenton. What a wonderful cause! He was going in as Spiderman! Tell Jeff we want pictures! Have a good Sunday, Dawn

    ReplyDelete