Monday, March 18, 2013

BE CAREFUL WHERE YOU TAKE YOUR CHILDREN ON VACATION......

This is a "text message" I received from my youngest son last evening, as he was going thru his box of old photographs:

Jeff: "You know...I look at vacation pics of my friends when they were young and they are on cruise ships, tropical shores, and enjoying city life. I look at mine, however, and see Amish people and Colonial America reenactments. I guess I was destined to be a history teacher at a young age. But that's ok, Mom...it made me what I am today...While others were posing in trendy bathing suits on the ocean shore, I was posing in front of log cabins wearing replica colonial hats."

It just goes to show you....be careful where you take your children on vacation...it will come back to haunt you when they are grown up!! Guess we should have taken him on a Disney Cruise..he could have been a Disney character at the Magic Kingdom instead of a high school history teacher....LOL!

6 comments:

  1. the magic of history has to be a million times better than Mickey and friends...what a wonderful son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crackin' me up here! He's a keeper!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that story! Aren't you proud of your vacations now? Thanks for sharing, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and sounds like your family made a lot of wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete