Monday, March 25, 2013

PINEBERRY LANE SAMPLER AND FINISHED RUG



Well...far be it from me to actually "finish" a sampler I started over three years ago then, only to start a new one. I loved this sampler "Mary Edmondson" from Pineberry Lane that was offered last month..so I decided "what's another UFO in my basket?" This one isn't very big, and hopefully won't take me three years to complete..at least until I get sidetracked with another rug...UGH! Anyway...I changed out the bittersweet/terra cotta colors for DMC's 926 & 924..I'm not much of an orange-y type person and the blues go better with my stuff. I'm using Lori Brechlin's "Farmhouse Linen" & it's either 28 ct or 30 ct...can't remember...but it sure stitches up nicely! I think this is my new "go-to" linen...the color is gorgeous!

My rug is finally finished and bound...YIPPEE!!! I am just going to give it one final press and then off to be given away. It was a fun rug to hook. I used mostly 8.5 strips and edged it with Ali Strebel's hand dyed yarn in "Soot"..love her yarn!



11 comments:

  1. Beautiful rug!! And I love Pineberry Lane's sampler... it's one I'll have to buy soon.... Good luck getting your works-in-progress done.... I have a few of them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think we all have lots of WIPs. I have some from decades ago :)
    Your rug is just beautiful!!!
    Aren't you lovin' our spring weather? NOT!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. UFO's? Never had one of those!!! Lol. I LOVE your rug finish - beautiful. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too adore everything PL, such a weakness but in a good way:) Your rug finish is beautiful, colors are so soothing. Happy Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rug... and beautiful stitches too! I'm really liking the blue you are using instead of the bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the rug! have fun with the sampler. denise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rug! Who doesn't have unfinished project going??? Are you coming to Breckenridge on Saturday??? Maybe we'll see you, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your color choices for the sampler ~ happy you like the linen and I believe it is 30ct :)
    your rug is BEAUteous, my friend! I have Ali's wool yarn here in the shop ~ isn't it delicious?
    Blessed be,
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all of your stitching !! That rug is beautiful ! What a wonderful gift it will be !!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sampler! Your rug is beautiful also!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work Bobbie! Oooh, someone is very lucky to receive such a gorgeous, hand-hooked rug...what a treasure!
    Happy Easter to you and your loved ones!
    Warm hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete