Tuesday, April 30, 2013

MY WHITE KITCHEN...

Well...my dear sweet husband painted my kitchen cupboards for me. We had purchased Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Old White, a couple of weeks ago..a bit pricey but well, well worth the money. My kitchen cupboards were a barn red and it took less than 2 quarts to cover all of them (2 coats). No priming, no sanding, no nothing....just slap this paint on and it has tremendous coverage! I've got a few pictures to share. Nothing exciting, nothing prim...just easy breezy white!





I got a little carried away and decided to paint my black table top with the paint.


I was going to use the clear wax that I purchased with the paint, but I found that it darkened the white just a bit more than I wanted, so I left it alone. I also painted a couple pieces of furniture with this paint, in other colors that I'll post later.

8 comments:

  1. I've heard that her paint is really good. I love your cupboards and table. I'll have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    Your kitchen looks great! Kudos to hubby. When he runs out of things to do, send him my way...lol! The best part of the kitchen??? The dry sink. LOVE!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinets look beautiful, nice paint to cover like that and I like the table too, nice clean look.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get out of the way ~ here comes Bobbie with a paint brush in her hand!!! The cabinets look great ~ it must be really good paint to cover so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks wonderful.
    Fresh and clean !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitchen looks wonderful. We're about to do something like that to our kitchen, but I hesitate for fear as to how it will come out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning, love the kitchen, so bright and cheery....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your white kitchen is beautiful! I dream of a white kitchen someday. You have a sweet husband. I like your table too. I look forward to seeing the other pieces. Have a great evening :-)

    ReplyDelete