Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LOCALLY GROWN....NOT SO SURE!!



Well, I have been trying to putz in my yard day to day and am making some progress. I'm too tired when I come home from working 10 hours every day but Wednesdays, so I have to work like crazy to get anything done on my day off. I love the Farmers Market sign..I have it hanging in my kitchen, but am about to move it outside. I decided to grow a zucchini plant and a roma tomato plant in really big containers by my porch in hopes that they will produce some veggies. I've never put veg plants in a pot, but I'm told they'll grow, so we'll see! My husband & and I have been rearranging some of the perrenials. We have so many areas for flowers in our yard that it gets tiring. But I do love the end result!

I am still stitching on the Pineberry Lane Sampler from a few weeks ago...I'm a very slow stitcher, and have to do it when i'm not half dead sitting in my comfy chair. I am also hooking another Maggie Bonanomi rug for a dear friend...I'll take pictures later. I am trying to hook it in a very monochromatic variations of taupe, browns, beiges...we'll see how it come out!

Oh I almost forgot to mention....Big Big news......I'm going to go part time at the hospital. I now work the 10 hour shift 4 days a week and its just killing me. I'm almost 61 and I never planned on working this much or this hard at this age. I love my job, taking care of people going to surgery...it's very rewarding and I have met so many delightful people....but I know when it's time to slow down. This will ease me into retirement for next summer. Soooo....I'll have more time to spend with my husband, work around the house, take little day trips, and will have time to do hooking and stitching. I'm looking forward to it!!! Afterworking for over 30 years full time...it will be wonderful!

Just wanted to add a little picture of my pie safe that I paintend in the Annie Sloan paint in French Linen with her soft dark wax rubbed in to give it a worn finish...and yes...that darn blue wall is still there!!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you on slowing down a bit. I have grown veggies in large pots and they have done well.
    Your pie safe turned out wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you!!! Better to ease into retirement so you don't SHOCK your system!! Enjoy the extra fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your slow down into retirement. The pie safe looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Not an easy decision but one you won't regret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie ~
    CONGRATS to you!!! You deserve it!!! Just think how much hookin' and stitchin' you can do.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippeeeee...I am delighted to hear that you shall have more time to spend with your Mister, and extra moments for the activities dear to you.
    Sending garden wishes your way...your container garden harvest shall be delicious surely.
    Most warmly...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you Bobbie! So glad you will have more time to do the things you and Dave enjoy. Love how your pie safe came out. You have accomplished a lot around your lovely home as of late. Take care my friend. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete