Wednesday, July 17, 2013

STITCHING & PICS

 
Finally, finally I finished my Mary Edmondron  by Pineberry Lane.  Heck, it only took me three months!  I think I have mastered stitching without using a hoop or frame.  Although, it was tricky, I stuck with it and boy oh boy did the stitching go quick! I changed the colors from the Terra Cotta's to the blues (DMC 930 & 926)   This sampler was stitched  using Lori Brechlin's Farmhouse Linen.  If you have't stitched on it yet, try it!! It's wonderful....now I just have to find a frame!
 
 Some old medicine bottles, a rusty metal heart and some wooden spools found at a barn sale this past weekend.
 
 Changing the arrangement on top of my pie safe.  I was able to play a little in my living room the past weekend. 
 
 
I love this old black box I found at a local antique mall last fall.  I never heard of this type of cotton yarn, but I love the crow graphics.  
 
Well, it's off to hooking at Holly Hills with Dawn and her crew.  So looking forward to it.  It's going to be a hot one....but when your hooking....who cares!!  Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh! I love the switch to the blues in the sampler. Pineberry Lane is one of my favorite designers, but I've always looked this one over due to the floss colors. Thanks for sharing. I'm stitching Autumn on Marigold Lane from Pineberry Lane right now. ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm giving in and adding this to an already impossible to complete stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Marly! Some just cannot be ignored! Your changes to floss colors are very nice indeed! Congrats on the finish! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost played hooky today to join you all but too hot and I had to go to a meeting this morning.
    Can't wait for the show.
    I bet you girls had fun.
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobbie ~
    I hope you remembered your camera!
    LOVE the sampler. I've never stitched without a hoop. Did it go so quickly because you were using the "sewing" method? That just totally confused me.
    I'm off to southern Ohio and plan a stop at Patriot Antiques. Should I see if the sampler is still there???
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that crow box! I can just see it all done up for fall! So glad you are joining us for hooking, we have a great group. Teresa Kogut is coming to join us next Wednesday. Hope you can come, she is a sweetheart! Thanks for all the goodies you brought to munch on! See you Wednesday (I hope), Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your finish bobbie! glad you like working on my linen :)
    L

    ReplyDelete