Friday, August 23, 2013

DO I LOOK HORRIFIED?????

Well....I should!!!  This crazy Evening Stitcher has poked, prodded, punched, pressed, sewn, and glued...yes....I said glued me half to death!!  If this crazed pumpkin could speak...or scream...that's exactly what he would say.  Poor, poor thing....actually he's quite cute after I slathered a bath of walnut crystal dye over him.  It's a wonderful pattern by Pineberry Lane.  I will be selling him and other tortured items at the "Harvest At The Mill"  show in Holly MI on Sept 7.    I hope you can make it!  It promises to be a wonderful, wonderful show of early antiques and handmades.   Dawn is arranging for the bloggers to have dinner at a local restaurant.  Information about the happenings for the show will be posted on my sidebar. 

Wednesday, I was able to make it to the hook in at Holly Hills.  Dawn's shop is just filled with new, fresh,  early antiques, wonderful dolls that she and her  friend Connie made over the past couple of weeks and so many new Halloween items.   But the best part was...I finally got to meet Earlene from Primitive Passion Decorating!   We have been blogging back and forth for almost two years.   I am a great admirer of her home and her gardens and she is just as warm and delightful as can be!     We probably live about an hour away..so it was wonderful to finally meet her!   She will be at the show also...Lori Rippey and her husband Brian are also coming down from the Upper Pennisula...WHOO HOO!!  Geez....I guess you just have to put on a primitive, early goods  antique show to get to see everyone!  So exciting!!!

Well...I'd better get back to my torture chamber....I have many more pitiful, unsuspecting items to make...have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That is a really fun piece, love the braided edge. I do braided rugs and about time I used them for edges too.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pumpkin with huge personality !!
    He is great. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Can't wait until Lakeside!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo-hoo, less than two weeks now! Love the pumpkin, he will be gone in a heartbeat! See you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete