Monday, August 5, 2013

GETTING READY FOR THE SHOW....

I'm so excited...the "Harvest at the Mill" show in Holly MI, is coming up so fast!  Seems like only a few days ago, we were talking about getting things ready for the booth....and here it is just a little over a month away.  I always seem  to have an overload of antiques..I swear they reproduce in the basement....but I am also making a few handmades to sell.  This is a wire rack that I plan to load up with sewing  and hooking needfuls.  Handmade by me...some my own designs and some by others. Right now, I have supplies stuffed  here and there...... baskets, frames, fabric, and boxes  just waiting  to be put to use. 

My hooking and stitching chair.....and of course....lots of wool!
 
 I will be selling under "The Evening Stitcher" since that is my blog name.  I was selling under Union Star Primitives for years but this year, I'm changing it up....
 
Dawn and her husband, Dick..have worked so hard on this show, I know it will be a great show.  Everyone is so looking forward to it.  It will be so nice to meet fellow bloggers,  not to mention the shopping....so many wonderful dealers....did I mention the shopping??   Dawn's new store is brimming with primitives, antiques, and wonderful hand made items, that she, herself, have been making.  I don't know how she has the time!  It is going to be a great, great time.....can't wait!!!
 
Have a wonderful evening....it's beautiful here in Michigan! 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well, now that I've committed to doing the show, I hope I don't need to be committed...lol!
    Can't wait to see all your goodes, old and new.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that wire basket! You'll have a great show for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurens comment cracks me up!!!

    I can't wait either!! Saving a stash.
    My basement is full too and need to move it out. I might do Joanns lawn sale or have a prim sale at my house. You
    Earlene are welcome over anytime! ( Lauren too)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the treasures you bring to the show. Connie and I have been sewing like mad women and are going back to it today. We were at the mill until midnight last night, but LOVE what we got accomplished. See you soon! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, if only I lived just down the lane...the upcoming show sounds delightful! I do hope that you post a few photographs of your goodies Bobbie...they shall be splendid surely!
    Wishing you happy and creative moments in your stitching/hooking chair...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your wonderful blog. I love the little 'rack' that is on the table next to your chair - what is it? or was it originally? It's intriguing. I have never done needle-punch as I would have to get one of the tools online; however, I am going to the Buggy Barn quilt & folk art show in two weeks and will see if I can find one. Keep stitchin':)
    Smiles,
    JoeyLea
    http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have not been blogging? Busy creating for the 7th.!
    Anyway are going to Dawns tomorrow for rug hooking? I am going to go. I should call Dawn to make sure she is having it.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete