Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A HOOKIN' WE WILL GO...A HOOKIN' WE WILL GO.....

Well, you know how that song goes...tomorrow I am leaving for Lakeside, OH for a rug hooking retreat.  I am so excited!!  Four days of hooking, gabbing, eating, and drinking....coffee, that is.  I doubt if I'll sleep much tonight....but I don't have to leave until 1 pm, so I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to finish packing.  I have never been away from the hubs for this long...much less...hooking for this long.  I'm rooming with my hooking pals, Lauren, Melissa and Sheila.  We've roomed before and always have a great time.  This is the wool I am taking.  I am going to start on a Lori Brechlin rug design "Daisy".  I love this pattern...not much for donkeys....but Daisy is so cute!
 A rug I finally finished hooking over the weekend.  Of course, I have to bind it...but I'll take it with me just in case I am feeling extra ambitious!
 And just a last picture (sorry, it's blurry) of my pinto beans on a string, and my sweet potato garland.  I made three potato garlands and have them hanging on different cupboards.  They smell so good...all coated with cinnamon and cloves. Well....my mind is in a twirl and I'm hoping to finish Daisy while I'm gone!  Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog.  I really appreciate them and enjoy reading them.  

9 comments:

  1. Your almost-finished rug is beautiful!! Have a great time at the hooking retreat.... sounds like it will be a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobbie ~
    LOVE your Maggie rug. Great colors. The pattern you are taking is a favorite of mine. I'll be impressed if you get it hooked!!!
    I still haven't started to pack and I'm working until noon tomorrow. ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time. I will be heading to Ohio tomorrow for a couple of days. Shopping in Berlin.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rug looks great Bobbie. enjoy yourselves...I know you will. Tell Lauren hello for me.Don't forget your camera.
    (((Hugs))))
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evening Bobbie, beautiful rug, have fun, yippee!!!! Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great rug! Have a great time hooking with pals! Marai

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun...one of these days I'm going to get to a hook-in. They sound like such fun.
    I like the rug you just finished - I especially like the light background color.
    Have fun!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. share pics of Daisy when you finish!
    have fun & hook on!
    L

    ReplyDelete