Monday, September 30, 2013

LAKESIDE RUGS

Well..our wonderful Lakeside Retreat ended on Saturday afternoon.  IT was such a wonderful 4 days of hooking.  I 've never been away on my own that long, but I dare say I will gladly do it again next year.  The host, Katie Allman and her sister Lara, were absolutely the best hostess' in the world!  They sure know how to make people feel welcome and comfortable Both of them worked their butt's off!  Thank you so much Katie and Lara....it was simply wonderful!   Lauren was so sweet...she thought of our birthdays for the month of September.  I think there were four of us in the group who had September birthdays.  Here are a few pictures to share:

 Here is what was left of our group on Saturday morning. A few of the women had to leave. Katie is in the purplish-blue sweater standing next to me and her sister is directly behind me.
A walkway full of rugs!







Lauren's rug.  She was hooking away!  She only has a little bit left!
I forgot the lady's name who hooked this beautiful, colorful rug....but I couldn't believe how much hooking she got done!  She was using 8 cuts.  

These are some funky chickens!!
Melissa and her beautiful rug!  She's always thinking about those colors!


I've been hooking away on Miss Daisy.  I'll show some pictures later when I have a little more progress.  I only have the background to do.


6 comments:

  1. How fun!
    What wonderful rugs - some look very hard to do - well, they do in my little mind anyway - I can't imagine working on ones that are that finely detailed.
    Thanks for sharing and so glad you had a wonderful time.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice looking group of ladies and lotsa nice rugs too! I'm glad you had such a good time Bobbie. Can't wait to see your Daisy rug. Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great time. I love everyone's rugs.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Looks like you you had a lot of fun! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't imagine so many there! Wow! Great group! And great progress on your rugs ladies! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great time we had! So sorry it flew by so quickly.
    Happy birthday!!!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete