Sunday, September 1, 2013

OVER DYEING FLOSS...

Well...I guess this is one way to do it....drying over dyed embroidery floss,   I've never dyed DMC before, but I found a whole box of variegated DMC that I had purchased years ago.  I forgot I even had it.   The colors were way too bright for my primitive palettes, so I thought I would give them a quick bath in some walnut dye.  It did tone the colors down, but they may need another dip...we'll see.  I'm using some of the colors for a needle punch project.   Joanne Fabrics is having their Labor Day sale....DMC is on sale 4/$1 plus they have a 15% coupon of off your total purchase. 

10 comments:

  1. Those colors are beautiful, I love over dying old floss and experimenting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read JoAnn's sale booklet and never once saw the DMC! Thanks for bringing that up. Now, if only I had a car to get there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that recently, too, except I used tan Rit dye. It worked great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another project is getting underway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! I'd like to try dying threads sometime too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea!!! I didn't see the add either - and I even have a gift card that need to be spent...LOL

    I tried to e-mail a thank you for your sweet comment on my blog but it's a 'no reply' so that didn't work...then I realized I didn't have you on my blog list or on my sidebar...bad me!
    Well you are there now and I just joined your blog.
    See you in a few days...I'm going as a shopper not as a vendor. My back and leg will not tolerate it this year.

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you could dye threads that are dyed already! Guess what I'm going to try today?!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    labor day mattress sale

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    labor day adjustable bed sales

    ReplyDelete