Saturday, October 5, 2013

FOR THE LOVE OF WOOD.....

Just a few pics to post of some wood items around the house.   Hubs and I went antiquing yesterday in Frankenmuth and Millington.  I love "Around The Farm Antiques", just 5 miles out of the town of Frankenmuth and then up the road a bit is  "Mike's Antiques".  It was a fun fun day!
A good old friend in a "new find" youth chair.  It has about three layers of wonderful, crackled  old paint and horse hair padding for the seat. 
Love the wood and square nails on this old carrier.  
I think I may have started a collection of early wooden mashers...
 
Old bowls in my dry sink
This old firkin I bought a couple of years ago.  I love the writing....someone use this beauty for bird seed. 
A little primitive bench in the entry way.
This little box, was used for years by my father in law for his nails in the garage.  I  love that it says "Product of America"...not too much of that anymore!


11 comments:

  1. Bobbie ~
    What a sweet youth chair.
    Your quilt looks great on the table. It will be wonderful at Christmas.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decor and decorations, beautiful and prim.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goodies galore Bobbie!!! Like how it is all displayed.
    You said that place is 5 miles from Frankenmuth. Is it north or south of it?
    I bet you saw some beautiful trees with the color change on your ride.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning, oh love all your wooden goodies there, that carrier is prim perfect, need it :) Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the wooden antiques. You have great flair for decorating, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your day out sounds wonderful, with lovely antique finds along the way. A perfect chair for a handsome bear!
    Sending hugs ...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie,
    What wonderful pics!!!! Love all your wooden pieces and especially the youth chair. All that old paint is great. You lucky duck!!!! I'm glad you had such a nice outing and found some goodies. Love how you are going more primitive again. Keep it up!!!! he he
    Hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love all of your new finds. Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete