Tuesday, November 5, 2013

TREASURES FROM OHIO

 What a terrific weekend!!  I've been so busy putzing around my house with my new treasures, I didn't make the time to take pics or post!  so here goes...My pal Earlene, Primitive Passion Decorating, and I headed out early Saturday morning making our way to the Gathered Treasures Show in Mansfield.  I was on the hunt for a small table for my back hallway and managed to find one in a matter of minutes.  It's an old wooden box crate with legs...On top of the table is my new found carrier (from Seville Antiques..oh yeah...we made it there too!) And of course we then went to the Simple Goods Show, which was only 5 minutes from GT.  I was on a mission to purchase an Arnett's Santa...and here  he is!


  Then...I wanted to buy just one cutting board, but somehow ended up buying 4...with this nifty little rack from one of my favorite vendors, Vicki.


I purchased this sweet little snowman...I fell in love with his little overalls...his little face reminds me of one of my little grandsons! 

 
 Then...last but not least is an old bench with a lift top in old blue paint.  It's not that big, but it is as heavy as can be!  I purchased this at the Simple Goods Show.


Next...I am trying desperately to stitch on osnaburg using only one strand.  It's so hard for me!!  I don't know why, but I really like the feel of the thicker thread.  I love this design by Shelley Auen, Primitive Stitchin'.  She has the nicest patterns and they are all available on Patternmart for easy purchasing and printing.  I might just have to resort to stitching on my 28ct linen with 2 strands!  Oh well...it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks...so true!!  Have a great night!



 

9 comments:

  1. That grouping looks great together Bobbie!! How did you feel Sunday? I was whipped and slept half the day on Sunday. Sorry I missed Dawns Open House :o(
    That's a great Santa too.
    Hugs
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbie, love all your goodies, that table is prim petefection. Sweet Santa, so wonderful as is the adorable Snowman.....Enjoyed seeing your buys and displaying them, Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great pieces and they look wonderful display and I know your new cross stich will be perfect with them.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing finds!!! I didn't make it this year, I had to work, but I have been told I can have that day off next year. I got a Santa last year and I love him. Glad you and Earlene had a great time. Love you stitchin too. I am just learning that....trying to anyway.
    ~Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could have made myself take Lauren up on her very kind offer to take me to the shows. You got some VERY cool things!!! Just wanted to tell you that Shelly's a friend of mine and years ago I pushed her to do e-patterns,so I got the very 1st one as a test to see if everything worked ok.It did of course!!! Since then I've bought several of her patterns & did them all on osnaburg BUT with 2 threads and it works just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds!!!!!! So good to see you and Earlene.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your finds !
    The cutting boards and how you are storing them, is my favorite. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bobbie, you made great purchases and love how you have displayed them. I did run into Laura a couple of times and wish I could have met you there. I am having an awful time trying to stitch on linen, my eyes don't want me to follow the weave!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful goodies you got!...Love*love that bench..beautiful patina!
    Blessed Be

    ReplyDelete