Friday, December 6, 2013

CUTTING DOWN THE TREE


My husband and I went out to a tree farm about 60 miles from the house (we go there every year) and cut our Christmas tree down.  I had a hard decision....either a Douglas Fir or a Frasier Fir.  Couldn't decide, until my husband started showing signs of impatience....so I went for the more twiggy, slimmer tree this year.  It's almost 8 feet tall and thin enough to fit in the living room without having to move everything around.  It was cold, cold, cold....but at least it wasn't' snowing.  

 I'm off tomorrow morning, bright and early,  to go to the St. Luke's Colonial Christmas Show in Temperance MI.   It's held the first Saturday in December and I've only missed it once.  It's not a big show, but it has wonderful, wonderful primitive, early handmades, a little antiques, and beautiful greenery...wreathes, swags, garlands and even some trees.  Then I am going to try to make it to Chelsea's Christmas Craft show at the fairgrounds.  I know Kris Miller is going to be there along with other local craft people who make beautiful, original handmades.  I don't know why everything has to be on the same day!  These shows are not even remotely close...but I'll do my best!  Have a great Friday evening.   I'm off to decorate the tree! 

6 comments:

  1. Tis the season!! So much going on.... Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both shows sound fab ~ hope you enjoy yourself and get some goodies!
    L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember to take photos! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely tree! Wishing you a delightful time strolling through the Christmas shows!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tree. Have fun at the shows :)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete